What are the main perimenopause symptoms at age 40, you might ask?
What is Perimenopause or biological time transition?
Perimenopause means the time “around menopause”. This is the transition the body makes to menopause and it also means the ending of reproductive years.
Perimenopause or menopausal transition starts at different ages. You can start to see the signs, such as menstrual irregularity in your 40s or even in your mid-30s. Hormones in females body start to rise and fall unevenly, your menstrual cycle may lengthen or shorten and you can also feel other symptoms, such as hot flashes, problems with sleeping, dry vagina, etc.
When does perimenopause period end?
The female reaches menopause when she hadn’t had her period for 12 consecutive months..
Perimenopause symptoms at age 40 include:
– Hot flashes
– Breast tenderness
– Worse premenstrual syndrome
– Lower sex drive
– Irregular periods
– Vaginal dryness; discomfort during sex
– Urine leakage when coughing or sneezing
– Urinary urgency (an urgent need to urinate more frequently)
– Mood swings
– Trouble sleeping
Perimenopause period symptoms at age 40 include:
– Your periods are very heavy, or they have blood clots.
– Your periods last several days longer than usual.
– You spot between periods.
– You have spotting after sex.
– Your periods happen closer together.
#menopause #perimenopause #perimenopausesymptoms