Dr. Jack Monaco is a board certified OB/GYN, anti-aging functional medicine MD along with a masters in nutrition. Dr. Berkson and Dr. Monaco were lecturing together at PCCA, sponsor of symposiums for pharmacists, MDs and NPs.
It was a meeting of the minds immediately.
This is a must-not miss show that will arm you with knowledge and hormone power. You get “in on” a masterful dialogue on hormones that will answers many of your questions!
• The hormonal phases of a woman’s life.
• Who is a candidate for hormone therapy and who is not, and how to help your doctor figure this out.
• The “good” and “bad” of estrogen.
• What exactly does estrogen do.
• How estrogen does different things in different tissues.
• What exactly does progesterone do?
• Should women worry about chin hair growth?
• Should women worry about breast cancer?
• What is the difference between “synthetic” and “bio-identical” hormones?
• What is the problem with birth control and how to do it naturally and as safe as possible?
• What was the “Women’s Health Initiative” and why should we care?
• What you must know to take hormones safely.
• What is the difference between “physiologic” and “replacement” dosages that most doctors’ don’t know?
• Why is it dangerous to ask most doctors about hormones?
• What are the facts about what is taught in med school about hormones even to gynecologists?
• Why should women consider hormone therapy?
• What are the exact benefits of hormone therapy?
• Heart disease is the number one killer of women of ALL ages, how do hormone therapies prevent this tragedy?
• Why is it “natural” to consider hormone technologies versus aging “naturally” without hormones.