Claire is the mother of a 18 month old child and in this video, she shares with Cheryl her experiences with family planning, pregnancy, childbirth, postpartum and parenting with rheumatoid arthritis.
1) (Minute 0:10) Exploring the difficult decision about whether (and how ) to have a child when you have rheumatoid arthritis.
2) (Minute 2:23) Claire’s experiences with pregnancy.
3) (Minute 4:18) Postpartum and breastfeeding with rheumatoid arthritis.
4) (Minute 5:50). Parenting a baby and toddler when you have rheumatoid arthritis.
5) (Minute 7:15) Coping with worries as baby grows.
6) (Minute 8:23) Claire’s advice to other parents or potential parents who have rheumatoid arthritis or another chronic illness.
This is part 1 of a 6 part interview series.
Part 2 is about Claire’s diagnosis story and is available here:
Part 3 is about how Rheumatoid Arthritis affects Mental Health and is available here:
Part 4 is about how work life is affected by RA and is available here:
Part 5 is about how RA affects family, friendships and fatigue and is available here:
Part 6 is about medications, advocacy and patient provider relationships:
Medical disclaimer: please see the text at the end of the video for the full medical disclaimer. This video is provided for informational purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for advice from your medical provider.